List of Monumental sculpture projects 2015
- 1 http://swannbb.blogspot.fr/2015/02/sunday-robot-play.html
- 2 http://shuengitswannjie.blogspot.fr/2015/02/interactive-reading-room-tea-house-2015.html
- 3 http://swannbb.blogspot.fr/2014/06/neo-ming-bed-luxembourg.html
- 4 http://swannbb.blogspot.fr/2013/02/yuzi-paradise-tell-moon.html
- 5 http://swannbb.blogspot.com/2011/09/12th-changchun-international-sculpture.html
- 6 http://www.saatchionline.com/Shuen-git
Tuesday, 28 June 2011
Snub Truncated Icosahedron, Double-Snubbed Truncated Icosahedron : HuaHui BallBall
Snub Truncated Icosahedron : HuaHui BallBall walk-in sculpture, 3 meter diameter
I see in almost all the pictures of a "Snub Truncated Icosahedron", it is basically a football with the pentagons and hexagons shapes separated by rows of triangles.
Here the BallBall is separated by rows of cubes.
What would be a proper mathematical name for the BallBall?
Would "Snub Truncated Icosahedron" be correct? Separated by cubes and not triangles, actually a cube is composed of two triangles!
Therefore, if "snub" means single row of triangles, then "double triangles=cube" would be a "Double-Snubbed Truncated Icosahedron = HuaHui BallBall"!
Posted by sl Swann bb at 6/28/2011 05:03:00 pm