Oxberry Pegs Presents: Animators Are God?
A series of screenings, lectures, and presentations on the illusion of lifeOrganized by GF Newland and Trilby Schreiber
- Signe Baumane, Animator; Thursday, July 15
- Kevin Brownie of Beavis and Butthead, SNL TV Funhouse
- Bob Camp of Ren and Stimpy; Friday, July 9
- Jonny Clockworks of the Cosmic Bicycle Theatre
- John Dillworth creator of Courage the Cowardly Dog; Friday, June 3
- Joanna Ebenstein on The Golem
- Ted Enik Children’s book Illustrator on Character Evolution and Cultural Pollution; Friday, June 25
- Tryrza Goodeve, Animation from Eastern Europe; Monday, August 30
- Eric P. Nash, Manga Kamishibai: The Art of Japanese Paper Theater, 1930 to 1960, Monday, August 23
- Nina Paley creator of Sita Sings the Blues; Thursday, July 1
- Jimmy Picker, Academy Award winning clay animator, 1983; Saturday, May 29
- Bill Plymton showing his new film The Cow Who Wanted to be a Hamburger; Date TBA
- Trilby Schreiber, Get Animated! The History, Future and Techniques of Animation, Monday, August 16th
- R. Sikoryak, Masterpiece Comic and Cartoon Parodies; September 23
- Debra Solomon, Co-creator of the Disney Channel’s Lizzie McGuire; Thursday, July 29
- Mike Zohn on the History of Automata
GF Newland is a freelance animator and illustrator, guitarist, and a member of several student loan consolidation programs. He is employed by The School of Visual Arts, where he earned a graduate degree in animation.
If you have a project, puppet, or golem you want to share as part of the Oxberry Pegs Series, contact organizer GF Newland at email@example.com.